|1880||Congregation of Zion/St. Paul’s Lutheran (formed in 1864) built a new church at the n.e. corner of Wood & Monroe, which weekdays served as a school – Kruetz School. The building was later moved to the s.e. corner of Prairie & Jackson St. for use as a school (where the public bus transit is now).|
|1888||Formation of a mission school at the southwest corner of Lowber & Orchard streets for people living in the northeast part of the city– cost to attend was 25 cents/pupil/month. 24’ x 40’ school building. Name – “Kruetz-Schule und Mission Verin” (German).|
|1891||St. John’s established their congregation. The school at Lowber & Orchard became known as St. Johannes (John’s) Lutheran School.|
|1911||Addition to school at Lowber & Orchard.|
|1954||Education building added to St. John’s church, located on Orchard St.|
|1904||A new brick school house was built on the site at Prairie & Jackson. St. Paul’s Lutheran School and was utilized until 1929 as a school.|
|1929||St. Paul’s Lutheran Church built a new Parish Hall at Main & Edward, which included a school.|
|1950||New parish hall and school building at St. Paul’s (Main & Edward).|
|1959||Lutheran School Association (LSA) formed by 6 Missouri Synod Lutheran Churches in Decatur – St. John’s, St. Paul’s, Trinity, Our Redeemer, Concordia, Mt. Calvary original members. Grades K-4 were at the St. John’s location, 5-8 were at the St. Paul’s location.|
|1998||LSA combined their two buildings and moved to Kemper Insurance Building on Mound Road.|
|2000||LSA High School was formed.|
|2004||State of the art gymnasium added.|
|Baseball fields excavated.
Baseball field completed.
Today, all but Our Redeemer Lutheran Church remain members in the Association. This year is the second year in a row that LSA High School has had a freshman class of over 40 students.