July 15, 2021
Dear LSA Parents,
The Lutheran School Association strives to partner with families to provide a safe and loving environment where children receive a Christ-centered education, meeting the spiritual, academic, and social needs of our students.
The following plan was created based on current conditions. The plan does not constitute a contract or guarantee that each item will be fulfilled as currently written. The school board retains the right to make necessary changes at any time.
Opening Approach for
2021-2022 School Year
- ●Schedule: Full in school learning, five days per week. 8:15-3:15pm.
- ●Distance Learning Plan: No remote learning will be offered.
- ●Masks: Masks will be optional for teachers and students. This will be revisited if Macon Country COVID metrics significantly worsen.
- ●Social Distancing – Desk spacing to be maximized at 3 feet when possible.
- ●Vaccination Status – There are no plans to gather vaccination status for students/staff.
- ●Morning Health Check – Morning health checks by staff are eliminated. Please be reminded that, for the protection of other children and for the well-being of your child, the following are guidelines for keeping your child home from school:
- Fever over 100 degrees in the past 72 hours. Temperature must be below this without the use of fever-reducing medications such as Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen.
- Vomiting or diarrhea related to stomach flu. Should be free of these symptoms for 72 hours before returning to school.
- Frequent, productive or non-productive, cough requiring medication during the day.
- Any intense pain or injury that requires pain meds.
- Communicable diseases, such as strep throat, pink eye, chicken pox, H1N1, head lice etc, must follow the advice of doctor, as well as consult the school nurse. In a case such as strep, 24 hours of antibiotics is required before returning to school.
- Any illness or injury that hinders your child’s ability to learn.
- ●Close Contact Quarantine – If a student tests positive for COVID, they will be quarantined per IDPH rules at the discretion of the Macon County Health Department. The Macon County Health Department will perform contact tracing and quarantine of students will only be required at the direction of the health department.
- ●Extra‐curricular Activities – There are no restrictions for extra-curricular activities: sports, band, chorus, etc.
- ●Spectators at Extra-curricular Activities – No limitations on maximum spectators. Masks are optional.
The LSA will monitor COVID 19 cases in Macon County and the surrounding area. If community spread becomes an issue, the school will adjust this plan as deemed necessary.
Praying you have a blessed summer and looking forward to seeing everyone at registration!
In His Service,
Joel J. Witt
Lutheran School Association